So, you’re on the hunt for a new job. Great! The next step is to make sure your resume is visible to potential employers. And the best place to do that is on LinkedIn.
As the world’s largest professional network, 57 million companies use LinkedIn to build their image or look for potential hires. Once you’ve set your account to ‘Open to Work,’ a comprehensive LinkedIn profile, including your resume, will make it easier for recruiters to find you.
In this article, we’ll show you a step-by-step guide on how to add your resume to LinkedIn.
How To Add Your Resume to LinkedIn: a Step-by-Step Guide
- Click on the “Jobs” icon on the bottom right of your screen.
- Then click on the “Options” icon (3-dotted horizontal ellipsis) on the top right corner of the next page.
- Select the last option: “Application Settings”
- Click on the “Upload Resume” icon.
- You can upload your 5MB resume in Doc, Docx, or PDF.
You can also upload multiple resumes, manage, download, and delete them when you want.
- Click on the profile page.
- In the top profile editing area, look for the “More” icon. It’s usually next to the Add profile section on your computer.
- Click on the third option; “Build a Resume”.
- Select a resume to upload.
- You can also directly create one using your LinkedIn profile.
Like on a mobile phone, you can upload multiple resumes, download them, and delete them as you wish.
Uploading your Resume to a LinkedIn Job Application
You can always directly add your resume under a job that appeals to you. It may be hard for recruiters to find you if you are not actively boosting your reach online.
So if you have specific companies in mind, you can directly apply with the “Apply Easily” function on LinkedIn.
Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Check if your chosen company had the “Apply Easily” in their job listings.
- If you only find “Apply,” you won’t be able to upload your resume directly. You have to apply through the company’s website to add your details and resume.
- But if available, click on the “Apply Now” button and fill in the required fields.
- Select “Upload Resume” to add your resume.
- Review your application carefully and click on Submit Application.
LinkedIn automatically stores your four most recent resumes under the Job Application settings. This allows you to update your resumes to target different jobs.
Combining this with a good strategy, such as having an unforgettable headline, will help you get noticed.
Adding your resume to LinkedIn is a great way to improve your chances of landing your dream job. With four new hires every minute, it’s important to actively put yourself out there if you want to achieve success.
Just remember these top tips:
- Add your resume to the “Featured” section of your profile.
- Remember to edit your resume and update all necessary information accordingly.
- Add a great professional LinkedIn profile picture to impress recruiters.
- Include an unforgettable headline on your Linkedin profile.