YouTube Shorts are everywhere, on everyone’s homepage once they open Youtube. These shorts are TikTok-lookalike video features used by creators and advertisers to showcase their services, talents, and other interesting and funny ideas.
This new feature on Youtube is believed to come thanks to TikTok’s popularity and short video trends that people seem to love on the other alternative app.
YouTube has a dedicated section for Shorts on the homepage that everyone can easily find and surf through.
- Shorts can be up to 60 seconds long.
- They are vertical and can be made with mobile.
- Shorts contain interesting editing features like slowing down/speeding up the recording, effects, merging clips, captions, etc.
How to make a YouTube Short?
So, Youtube shorts are a trend, and you want to be a successful vlogger! You need to create Youtube shorts and integrate them with your marketing strategy.
We’re here to help you, and this is a short guide with all the steps you need to create a short video on YouTube:
- Sign in to the YouTube app and click the small + icon. Click ‘Create a Short‘
- Pick the desired length (15-60 seconds) you want to record/create
- You can Start Over, save as Draft, or simply exit the camera.
- To Preview the video, you need to select ‘Done.’
YouTube Creators – Mental Health Initiative
As in any other social network, Creators on YouTube have dedicated their content to important topics and challenges worldwide! They’re having this silent mutual agreement in uniting their impact and spreading awareness of many sensitive issues going on in the world.
Creators inspire many people every day not simply by combining clothes or creating healthy diets but also by feeling good about themselves mentally and spiritually. Many influencers opt for a more wholesome work-life balance for their audiences, providing training programs for this new discipline.
Recently, YouTube Creators have come together to bring more awareness to mental health. The campaign is called Coming together to advocate for better mental health.
In this guide, you’ll be able to find a few tips on how to create mental health content from Dr. Ali Mattu of the Psych Show:
Tip 1: Use video elements your audience loves
Tip 2: Share your own story
Tip 3: Take your time and only share it when you’re ready
YouTube, just like Snapchat with its Spotlights or Facebook/Instagram with Reels, is rewarding its creators for their hard work.
YouTube currently has a $100 million YouTube Shorts Fund, available in over 100 countries. And over 40% of creators who received payment from the Shorts Fund in 2021 weren’t in the YouTube Partner Program.
Ads between YouTube Shorts
YouTube is already a well-monetized social network. With many new creators, YouTube is now testing ads on Shorts with products like App Install and Video Action Campaigns.
According to Sundar Pichai, CEO of Alphabet and Google, YouTube Shorts is now averaging over 30 billion daily views – that’s four times as much as a year ago. And it is seriously becoming a favorite alternative to TikTok. As we know, TikTok still has quite a big reputation for being a dancing app.
A large number of viewers/users of YouTube Shorts is a sign that YouTube has been missing out on substantial advertising opportunities.
But, better late than never.
Must-Read YouTube Stats:
- The largest age group using YouTube is between ages 15-35.
- People watch over a billion hours of video daily and generate billions of views.
- More than 500 hours of content are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- 70% of YouTube viewers watch “how-to” videos.
- YouTube users who view at least 30 seconds of an advertisement are 23 times more likely to subscribe to a brand’s channel.
- 70% of YouTube views come from mobile devices.
- The average mobile viewing session lasts more than 40 minutes.
- Only 9% of US small businesses are active on YouTube.
- YouTube creators are 4X more effective at driving a lift in brand familiarity than those with celebrities.
- There are 19 languages available for YouTube Creators.