Like any other social media, Pinterest’s dimensions change almost every year, after carefully studying the user experience and collecting feedback.
Imagine being on Pinterest and looking at square photos only. The interface is wide enough to display large pictures, and that’s why Pinterest loves long infographics.
One thing’s for sure! Infographics can’t be properly shared to other social networks such as Instagram. They will be automatically cropped and the information will distract you and other users.
To get started, here’s what Pinterest dimensions you are going to learn:
- Why Pinterest is Important for Your Marketing Strategy
- Pinterest Image Sizes: Profile Picture
- Pinterest Image Sizes: Cover Photo
- Pinterest Image Sizes: Pins
- Pinterest Image Sizes: Collections Pins
- Pinterest Image Sizes: Story Pins
- Pinterest Image Sizes: Carousel Pins
- Pinterest Dimensions: Ads
Why Pinterest is Important for Your Marketing Strategy
Here are some important user statistics for Pinterest. You are missing on the market.
- 85% of Weekly Pinterest Users Have Made Purchases from Pins
- 85% of Pinterest Users Use the Platform to Initiate New Projects
- 84.6 Million Users are Located in the US. The next four most popular countries for Pinterest are Brazil, Mexico, Germany, and France.
If you want to read more Pinterest statistics here is an article for that: 15 Pinterest Statistics Every Pinterest Marketer Should Know
Also, it might interest you: How To Make Money On Pinterest
Pinterest Dimensions by Type
Here’s a rundown of each post dimension your brand should look into for your Pinterest strategy:
Pinterest Image Sizes: Profile Picture
The recommended profile picture for your Pinterest profile should be 165 x 165 pixels. Also as a reminder, the profile picture will appear as a circle. Just like below:
Pinterest Image Sizes: Cover Photo
The cover image is as in the photo above. The dimensions recommended for the cover photo on Pinterest are 800 x 450 pixels (at minimum) and with an aspect ratio of 16:9.
Pinterest Image Sizes: Pins
On the feed, Pins have a set size of 236 pixels width. If you create Pins with a different shape, just remember that Pinterest will crop the images from the bottom.
The Pins image size is recommended with an aspect ratio of 2:3. Then square pins should be 1000 x 1000 pixels with a max file size of 20MB.
Pro Tip: Keeping the 2:3 aspect ratio ensures your brand’s audience sees all the image’s details on their feed. Both PNG and JPEG files are accepted.
Pinterest Image Sizes: Collections Pins
This format appears as one main image, above three smaller images. Collections appear in feeds on mobile devices. All images must have the same aspect ratio. Both PNG and JPEG files are accepted. Collections can also be an ad format on Pinterest. We will talk about that later.
The recommended aspect ratio is 1:1 or 2:3. The recommended size in pixels is 1000 x 1000 or 1000 x 1500 pixels and the max file size is 10MB.
Pinterest Image Sizes: Story Pins
The aspect ratio of Story pins is 9:16. The recommended size of 1080 x 1920 pixels. Max file size of 20MB.
Pinterest Image Sizes: Carousel Pins
For the best results, use an aspect ratio of either 1:1 or 2:3. It’s recommended to have images with dimensions of 1000 x 1500 pixels or 1000 x 1000 pixels.
Here’s how to easily create a Carousel Pin with Publer:
Note: If you use Publer, carousels will be automatically cropped based on the first photo’s aspect ratio.
Pro Tip: Up to 5 images can be included in a carousel.
Pinterest Dimensions: Ads
App install ads:
- Same specs as standard Pins.
- A 2:3 aspect ratio is recommended.
- 1000 x 1500 pixels recommended.
- Use either a square shape (1:1 aspect ratio) or a taller shape (2:3 aspect ratio) for your images.
- Recommended dimensions are 1000 x 1500 pixels or 1000 x 1000 pixels.
- You can include up to 5 images in a carousel to showcase multiple pictures in one post.
- Use the same specifications as standard Pins for your images.
- It’s best to have a 2:3 aspect ratio for the images.
- Recommended dimensions are 1000 x 1500 pixels.
It might interest you: What Is The Best Time To Post On Pinterest?
Join 210K+ Users: Schedule & Manage Your Content on One Platform
Make video creation easier with our app integrations like Canva or VistaCreate. Share your videos effortlessly on Publer, saving you time and effort.
With Publer, you can manage multiple accounts conveniently. For example, if you handle three social media accounts, our Professional Plan allows you to control all your content from one place.
If you need in-depth insights and optimal scheduling, check out our Business Plan, offering these features and more to meet your specific requirements.
No matter which plan you choose, we always have a free plan available. It’s perfect for light social media users or anyone who wants to try out the platform before deciding on the best plan for them.