YouTube is a platform that can give you access to all kinds of entertainment, like YouTube Shorts and live streams, but you may not always have access to the internet.
Downloading YouTube videos allows creators to store materials offline and use them to create worthy content. Luckily, there are ways you can download videos from YouTube using different devices.
Is Downloading YouTube Videos Legal?
YouTube Premium is a great way to download YouTube videos legally, but you may download YouTube videos without YouTube Premium provided that they are:
- Public domain videos
- Not copyrighted
- Covered by a Creative Commons license
- Home videos shared by your family and friends
How To Download YouTube Videos
Here are some of the best methods to get your favorite videos saved to your device:
How To Download YouTube Videos on iPhone and iPad
Here’s how you can download YouTube videos on an Apple device:
- Download and set up the Documents by Readdle app.
- Go to the YouTube app and tap the “Share” icon.
- Copy the link to the video you want to download.
- Go back to the Documents by Readdle app and tap the blue compass icon at the bottom right corner of the “Documents” screen. From there, you will be directed to a web browser.
- Type the web address https://9xbuddy.org/en-1av into the in-app browser.
- Paste the YouTube video link in the text box of your selected browser and tap “Download.” You can choose the video format and quality type.
- In the Documents app, go to the Downloads section at the bottom navigation bar to view your video.
- Tap the hamburger icon and click Share and Save Video to direct your downloaded video to your Photos app.
How To Download YouTube Videos on Android
Here’s how you can download a YouTube video using an APK file:
- Search for and install TubeMate from your browser. Before downloading the app, change your security settings.
- Look for the video you want to download on TubeMate.
- Click the green down arrow button to download the selected video.
- Click on the Downloads List icon below the menu to find your video, or tap the kebab icon in the upper right corner of the TubeMate menu.
How To Download YouTube Videos on PC
Here’s how you can download a YouTube video on your PC:
- Download VLC Media Player.
- Go to YouTube and copy the link to the video you want to download.
- Open VLC and click the Media menu, then select Open Network Stream.
- Look for the “Please enter the network URL” box and paste the video’s URL into it.
- Start playing the video on VLC, go to Tools, and look for the Codec Information.
- Copy the long URL from the Location box at the bottom of the window.
- Go to your preferred browser and paste the URL. Click OK to start playing the video in a new tab.
- Right-click the video and select “Save video as” to download it as an MP4 file.
It’s possible to download YouTube videos on any device, but avoid violations when downloading so you can keep monetizing your content.
Saving YouTube videos lets you customize video thumbnails to make your videos more appealing to audiences and earn more views.
To recap how you can download YouTube videos on multiple devices:
- Download Documents by Readdle when using an Apple device
- Install an APK file like TubeMate when using your Android device
- Use VLC Media Player when using a PC
Find these tips helpful? Visit our blog for more helpful tutorials!