If you are looking to increase your visibility and maximize your reach, then learn today how Instagram hashtags can help you in 2023!
Hashtags are essentially keywords or phrases preceded by the “#” symbol, which are used to categorize and label content on Instagram or any other social media platform.
By including relevant hashtags in your posts, you can increase the chances of your content appearing in search results or on the Explore page, where users can discover new content.
In this article, we will dive into the specifics of how hashtags work on Instagram and how you can use them effectively to boost your presence on the platform. Moreover, we will cover:
- How do hashtags help on Instagram?
- Do hashtags still work on Instagram?
- 8 Instagram hashtag types you can use for your content strategy.
- 3 simple ways to find the most popular hashtags.
- Key takeaways.
Do Hashtags Still Work on Instagram in 2023?
Using Instagram hashtags is a powerful way to categorize and label your content, which allows the platform to deliver it to users who are interested in that particular topic. This can help you reach a wider audience and increase the visibility of your posts.
Targeted Instagram hashtags increase visibility and assist Instagram’s algorithm in categorizing and suggesting content to relevant users. Using relevant hashtags on your Instagram posts and reels, you will be able to reach new audiences on the platform.
On the other hand, if you are not using any, you risk missing out on potential opportunities to optimize your content, drive engagement, and grow your following. So, take the time to develop a strategy that works for your brand, and keep experimenting with new hashtags to ensure your content remains discoverable on Instagram.
It might interest you: The Ultimate Instagram Marketing Guide: 12 Tips For 2023
19 Instagram Hashtags to Use in Your Next Posts
If you don’t know which hashtag to choose on Instagram, here are the 8 types you can use on your Instagram posts, stories or reels.
- Product or service hashtags: Use basic keywords to describe your product or service, such as #AIAssist, #BulkScheduling, #LinkInBio, some of Publer’s features.
- Niche hashtags: Get specific and show your industry context with hashtags like the example below: #PublerAmbassador, or #AffiliateProgram.
- Special event or seasonal hashtags: Join trending conversations around holidays or seasons, by using hashtags like #InternationalWorkersDay, #MayFirst, or #MothersDay.
- Daily hashtags: Every day offers plenty of hashtags to use, like #ContentCreation, #DailyTips or if you create a post on Sunday, then you can add the hashtag #SundayFunday.
- Emoji hashtags: Express yourself with emojis in hashtags such as #😋 , or words and phrases with emojis attached, like #FreshFood🥝🍅. Or check Publer’s example below:
- Location-based hashtags: Use a hashtag that refers to your location, like #Chicago or #London even if you have geo-tagged your post.
- Industry hashtags: Use hashtags that describe your niche, such as the example below: #SocialMediaManagers, #SocialMediaSchedulingTool, or #PublerApp.
- Community-focused hashtags: Bring your community together with a unique hashtag like #PublerNation.
It might interest you: How Many Hashtags on Instagram are Optimal for Growth?
3 Ways to Find Trending Instagram Hashtags for Your Content Strategy
To stay ahead of the curve with your Instagram content strategy, it’s important to find trending hashtags that align with your brand or content. These are the three effective ways to identify your hashtags.
Use Publer Hashtags Feature
Publer’s Instagram Hashtag Suggestions feature enables you to identify hashtags that match the content of your post and similar hashtags within your industry. Utilizing this feature is simple – just click on “Hashtags,” and you will have three performing options: Great, Good, and Poor.
So if you’re struggling to find effective hashtags, you can use Publer’s feature to discover relevant hashtags. This option is available on the Business plan, which costs $21/month.
Conduct Research on the Instagram Explore Page
When seeking inspiration for your Instagram hashtag approach, the Explore page can be a valuable option too. Go to the Explore page on Instagram and use keywords that align with your brand or content and review the “Top” results.
These posts are evidently successful with Instagram’s algorithm, so make a note of the various used hashtags and consider whether they may be suitable for your content.
Check Hashtag Volume Using Instagram’s Tag Search Tool
When it comes to discovering the most effective hashtags, the number of posts associated with a hashtag is a significant metric to consider. If a hashtag has been used on millions of posts, there’s a high probability that your content will be lost within the vast amount of posts.
If a hashtag only has a limited number of posts, it’s unlikely that anyone will be searching for it on the Instagram Explore page.
Pro Tip: It’s recommended to target hashtags with a post volume ranging from 10K to 200K.
You can quickly determine the post volume of a hashtag by using Instagram’s Tag Search Tool on the Explore Page. This technique is a great way to evaluate your chosen hashtags and may even offer useful inspiration for your next posts.
To make it short, hashtags will remain a powerful tool for optimizing your content on Instagram in 2023.
- You can add hashtags to your post’s captions and comments, and they should be used strategically to improve your content’s visibility and engagement.
- Hashtags help Instagram categorize your content and serve it to relevant users.
- Using targeted Instagram hashtags (and keywords) is still one of the best ways to get discovered by new audiences.
- When selecting Instagram hashtags, it’s recommended to target hashtags with a post volume ranging from 10K to 200K.
- Publer’s Instagram Hashtag Suggestions feature enables you to identify hashtags that match the content of your post and similar hashtags within your industry.
- Instagram’s Explore page is another way to find relevant and trending hashtags.
- A well-crafted hashtag strategy is important for optimizing your content, driving more engagement, and gaining new followers.
What about you? Are you currently using Instagram hashtags? If so, which types of hashtags do you typically incorporate into your posts? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.