Scheduling your posts in WordPress is like setting a clock. You can create an automated plan for publishing content and free up time to focus on other tasks.
This article will look at the benefits of WordPress scheduling and some techniques for successful implementation.
Why Schedule WordPress Posts in Advance?
Scheduling posts and pages on WordPress is the perfect solution for those moments. It can help you plan, ensure that content is published optimally, and save you valuable time and effort.
Keep Your Content Strategy on Track
Being a successful blogger means you need to be consistent with your content. Scheduling your WordPress posts in advance can help you achieve that consistency and ensure your content strategy runs smoothly.
Sharing your WordPress content on social media is a vital part of a social media strategy to attract more clicks and increase traffic. You can utilize social media plugins for WordPress to share content quickly and stay consistent across your social presence.
Making the Most of Your Time
Bloggers and business owners juggle many tasks and often have limited time. Scheduling posts in advance helps you make the most of your time by allowing you to batch content creation and publishing. You can create a few posts in one day and then schedule them to be published over several weeks. This way, you don’t have to rush to write new content every week and also save up time to focus on other important tasks.
You Can Schedule Content for Peak Traffic
If you’ve been keeping an eye on the analytics and have noticed peak times when people are visiting your site, you can schedule posts to be published during those peak times. Scheduling content for peak traffic can help you get more views, shares, and engagement.
Be Prepared for Emergencies
A million things can derail your content strategy – a last-minute project, an unexpected trip, or even forgetting to post. Scheduling content beforehand helps you “set it and forget it” so you don’t miss out on an opportunity to connect with your audience when dealing with a crisis.
Be More Strategic
Content scheduling can help you be more strategic. You can plan posts around upcoming events, holidays and special occasions or plan more evergreen content that will stay relevant for a long time.
Analyze What Needs to Be Updated
You don’t need to worry about updating content if you’re just starting. But after a year or two, some love and attention are needed to ensure your content is still relevant. Scheduling WordPress posts will give you the time to review the content on your site and make any changes that might be needed.
Ways to Schedule WordPress Posts
There are three primary methods you can use to schedule WordPress posts.
Publer can help you schedule your WordPress posts. The tools allow you to easily add a title to your WordPress post, design the thumbnail, and add elements such as headings, lists, quotes, media, and raw HTML.
You can also create an excerpt, choose the categories and tags, follow-up comments, auto-share and auto-delete the post.
When you’ve written your post, Publer offers four ways to schedule them:
- Using Schedule, you can plan your post to be shared on a specific day and time. To get started, click Create on the top-left of the Publer dashboard. Select the platform you want to schedule the post for. Write your blog post and select the schedule option from the drop-down menu. Select your preferred date and time, or choose one of the available time slots. Click schedule, and you’re done.
- The Auto Schedule functionality lets you set a posting schedule for your WordPress account. Go to the Create tab, select the WordPress account on the left and create your post. Choose the Auto Schedule option to select the label you have created in the posting schedule and specify your other Auto Schedule settings. Then, click on schedule.
- Say you’re introducing a new product line and want to update your followers about it on your website and social media. This is where the Recycling feature can help. It saves your posts automatically.
To get started, make sure you have set up a posting schedule already. Go to the Create tab. Select the social accounts on the left. Create your post and choose Recycle from the drop-down menu. Set the date and time and click on Recycle.
- If you’re introducing a discount or promotional offer, you must keep reminding your followers about it. Publer’s Recurring Scheduler can help with it. Simply go to the create tab, select the platform you want to post on, in this case, WordPress, and create your post. Choose the Recurring option from the drop-down menu to configure the settings. Click Recur.
If you’re using the Classic Editor, scheduling posts is simple – just follow these steps!
- Create a new post or page in WordPress.
- When you’re on the post editor, look for the Publish panel on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Select a date and time if you aren’t publishing the post immediately. Then click on the “OK” button to set your post schedule.
Another way to schedule a post is by using the WordPress Block Editor. This method makes it easy to manage your posts and get them live at the right time!
To get started:
- Create the post you want to publish
- By default, the post will be set to “Publish Immediately”.
- Click “Edit.”
- When you do this, a calendar will appear, and you can select the date and time you want the post to be published.
Scheduling posts can save you time, ensure you’re prepared for emergencies, and help you strategically plan content.
The following are the ways you can schedule WordPress posts:
- Publer offers four ways to schedule WordPress posts: Schedule, Auto Schedule, Recycle and Recurring Scheduler.
- The Classic Editor allows you to schedule posts easily by selecting a date and time in the Publish panel.
- The WordPress Block Editor also makes it easy to manage your posts and get them live at the right time by clicking “Edit” and selecting a date and time on the calendar.
Use Publer to easily and quickly schedule posts for WordPress – and save yourself time in the process. Get started today!