How to Pin a Comment on Instagram
In July 2020, Instagram enabled a feature that lets users pin comments to the top of their posts. This enables them to highlight the most interesting comments on their posts and encourage engagement with others. If you’re looking to get famous on Instagram, this is one way to let you showcase the best things about your page.
Read on to learn how to manage comments on your Instagram account.
How to Pin a Comment on Instagram Using an iPhone
Pinning a comment on Instagram using your iPhone is easy. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Look for the post where you want to pin a comment, and search for the comments button. It should look like a speech bubble and can be found between the ‘like’ and ‘send’ buttons.
- Swipe left on the comment that you want to feature.
- Tap the pin icon. Then, tap the Pin comment button once it shows up.
If you change your mind about pinning a comment, you can always unpin it. Select the comment, swipe left, and tap the pin icon again. You can pin up to three comments only on your posts on Instagram.
How to Pin a Comment on Instagram Using an Android Phone
If you’re an Android user, here’s how you can pin comments on your posts:
- Open the Instagram app on your Android device.
- Tap and hold the comment you want to pin. A toolbar will appear at the top of your screen.
- Tap the pin icon to pin the comment.
To unpin the comment, tap and hold the comment icon and wait for the toolbar to reappear on your screen. Then, tap the pin icon to unpin your comment. You can pin up to three comments in your posts.
Can you pin your own comment on Instagram?
No. Instagram created the “Pin Comment” feature to help combat cyberbullying and allow users to showcase positivity in the comments section. While you cannot pin comments on your page, you can do so during live streams. Simply post a comment on your live video, tap on your comment, and select “Pin Comment” so that it appears with a pinned tag on your Instagram live.
Managing Your Instagram Comments
The ‘Disable Comments’ feature lets you easily block off any bad vibes from your posts. Just tap the three-dot menu in the comment section and select ‘Turn off commenting’ to block all comments.
You can also select the ‘Hide offensive comments’ option and filter negative remarks into a separate section unavailable to other users. For a more targeted approach, use Advanced comment filtering and Hide message requests to block words or phrases you don’t want to be associated with your posts.
Pin positive comments from your followers and unpin any negative ones to maintain positive vibes on your page Instagram also includes features to disable and delete comments from users with offensive or hateful remarks so you can stay in control of your profile.
- Choose what your followers see from the comments section.
- Encourage users to interact with the pinned comment.
- Block users spreading hate on your feed.
How would you make use of this Instagram feature? Let us know what you think in the comments!