If there’s one thing for sure, it’s that Instagram has become a must-have platform for marketers and businesses looking to grow their brands continually.
The platform has largely evolved since its creation, offering more tools for content creation to allow companies and brands to collaborate with influencers on Instagram, humanize their content, and present their products and services in a unique and relevant way.
It is important to know who your Instagram users are, how they use the platform, and how your brand can reach them to maximize your marketing strategy.
In this article, we will present 30 Instagram statistics to make your marketing campaign a success.
How Popular is Instagram? Key Instagram Statistics
Founded in 2010, the social network has grown significantly to become one of the world’s most popular platforms, with 1.440 billion monthly active users on Instagram. Here are some key Instagram statistics every marketer should know:
- Instagram is the 4th most-used social network in the world after Whatsapp, Youtube, and Facebook.
- With 547 million downloads in 2022, Instagram was the most popular social media app in the world.
- There are about 200 million businesses on the platform.
- Worldwide, 500 million people use Stories every day.
The formula for this success is simple: enabling users to share photos and videos while also allowing them to like, comment on, and share this content with other groups. Thus, using Instagram for your business has become crucial due to the platform’s large audience.
Which countries have the most Instagram users?
Let’s take a closer look at the number of users per country and see which one has the most.
- India is the country with the most Instagram users in the world, with 230.25 million active users.
- The United States is the second most popular country, with 159.75 million users, followed by Brazil.
- With 89%, Brunei was the nation with the highest Instagram audience reach in 2022.
- 37.8% of people in the United States use Instagram.
As you can see, Instagram has a global reach and is not limited to specific regions in the world. So no matter where your business is located, you will always find Instagram users to spread your advertising message.
Instagram User Demographic Statistics
If you plan to design a successful campaign that properly targets your audience, it’s important to know who is using Instagram and what interests them on the platform.
- Women made up 49.3% of Instagram’s audience in January 2022, while men made up 50.7%.
- Men aged between 25 and 34 accounted for 17.1% of all active Instagram users worldwide.
- People aged 34 or younger represent more than half of Instagram users.
- In the US, 75% of people aged 18-24 use Instagram and 57% of people between 25-29.
As a result, Instagram users are predominantly young and equally divided between men and women. Therefore, if you want your content to reach the most people, it’s important to always keep up with the latest trends.
Instagram Usage Statistics
Let’s now take a closer look at the uses of the platform and how Instagram users use the platform, and their expectations of the content.
- The app is used by 59% of Instagram users in the US on a daily basis, 21% on a weekly basis, and 20% less frequently.
- The most popular content on Instagram is images, which account for 42.2% of all content.
- The second most posted content type is carousels, which accounts for 26.2%.
- Every day, at least 200 million Instagram users visit a business profile.
- Each month, 130 million Instagram users click on shopping posts.
We can see from these figures that Instagram has a huge amount of room to grow its business. Most people use Instagram to learn about a product, follow brands or buy something. As a result, every business needs to be on the platform or risk missing out on opportunities.
Instagram Ad Statistics
It’s not a surprise anymore, but marketers and other businesses widely use Instagram to reach a large audience on the platform. Here are some Instagram statistics to give you an idea.
- Instagram makes $17.4 billion from advertising each year.
- 19% of B2B and 27% of B2C respondents said that Instagram was their company’s most important social media platform.
- According to 29% of marketers, Instagram’s photo ads are the most effective form of advertising on the platform.
- Instagram ads in the feed had a cost-per-click of $1.86.
Instagram not only has a large audience, but it also has a lot of tools that can help your brand go viral and get new customers.
Instagram Influencer Statistics
Contacting influencers is a great way to reach new audiences if you believe that advertising on Instagram is not sufficient to increase your visibility. Some important figures about Instagram influencers are listed below.
- On Instagram, there are 500,000 active influencers.
- With 290 million followers, Cristiano Ronaldo is the Instagram user with the most followers.
- For sponsored campaigns, 55.4% of Influencers use Instagram Stories.
- Fashion is the subject of 25% of Instagram-sponsored posts.
- According to estimates from researchers, marketers will spend $8 billion on Instagram influencers alone in 2020.
- Instagram is preferred by over 55% of influencers for campaigns.
- Instagram users interact with influencers 37% of the time.
Paying and sponsoring influencers who relate to your brand identity is a good marketing strategy for developing your brand.
You are now well-versed in Instagram. You’ll be able to better define your target audience and devise an efficient social media strategy if you take these Instagram statistics into consideration.
- Instagram is the fourth most-used social network in the world
- The platform’s audience is particularly young and active
- Companies have many tools to promote their brands, products, and services
What do you think about these key figures? Did they help you? Let us know in the comments.