The social media holiday calendar plays an important role in your marketing plan. It helps empower your social media posts and boost engagement easily.
Among every benefit that you might think of, social media holidays are a smart way to build customer loyalty and trust. Why? That’s because sharing trustworthy and human content can definitely help your community to get to know you.
We started sharing social media holiday calendars in July 2020. Everyone (including us) has been loving everything about them.
Leveraging social media brand awareness has never been easier.
This May, we’re celebrating tons of important holidays. We’ve listed some interesting ideas you could use to your benefit.
But, first things first.
Why You Need To Use Social Media Holidays To Boost Your Marketing Efforts This May 2022:
- Boost trust by sharing brand-relevant information. I.e, if you’re a bakery, promote food-related holidays/events.
- Spread awareness for international causes. May 2022 contains tons of global holidays. They can serve as smart opportunities to boost awareness and make the right impact. Do not skip World Laughter Day (May 1st); International Day of Families (May 15th); International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia (May 17); World No Tobacco Day (May 31st); etc.
- Using respective social media holiday hashtags, you can reach the correct (and wider) audience across all social networks. Find every hashtag on Publer’s virtual calendar.
- If you’re feeling fresh out of ideas, monthly social media holidays are interesting ways for you to create new content and populate the feed.
Did you know that you can design new marketing photos and videos using Canva and VistaCreate, right within Publer? Check all our favorite tools to design new visuals.
May 2022 Holidays: Some Stats and Ideas You Might Need
- Organize an online event where you invite everyone from the team. Talk about the best or worst days at different jobs. Repurpose all jokes into interesting email marketing campaigns and/or social media posts.
- Share DIY gifts and prepare some Pins or TikToks to promote them. Again, both are supported by Publer.
- Collect feedback from your team’s LinkedIn status updates and create a long Twitter Thread using that UGC content. Here are more tips to do that.
Oregon was the first state to celebrate Labor Day as a legal holiday in 1887.
May Day is celebrated in more than 80 countries.
- Promote local museums, by sharing a carousel post including interesting facts, dates, and images. If you’re located in the US, here’s a list of important stats you might need about museums.
- Support travel agencies that are focused on spreading historical awareness to foreign tourists.
- If you’re a school, organize a quick getaway for the children to a nearby museum. Did you know that in 2016, 14% of eighth-graders had visited an art museum, gallery, or exhibit with their class?
- Promote a local zoo, aquarium, or any animal-related contest/event across all socials.
- Show your support by sharing a carousel and blog article. Collect important information about endangered species in 2022.
Facts: There are between 200 and 2,000 extinctions every year. Hunters kill over 200,000 animals for trophies every year.
- Prepare memes with all the best job-related jokes and share them via email to make someone’s day.
- Organize a team getaway in a financially-poor neighborhood and provide them with food for a month. Make someone smile today.
Download the full Social Media Holiday Calendar for May 2022, so you can share it with your marketing team and audience:
In case you missed it:
Social Media Holiday Calendar April 2022 (+Ideas)
The Power of Social Media Platforms