Instagram Stories is a great way to share updates, publicize and run an Instagram giveaway, repost from other pages, and interact with your users. According to a survey, 58% of users become interested in a brand or product after seeing it on Instagram live.
Like your Instagram feed, it will help if you have a consistent aesthetic. Using a background color that compliments your graphics or content can make your brand’s stories become easily recognizable. You may even want a specific background color for your brand’s stories.
If you’re looking to add a little bit of personality to your Instagram Stories, changing the background color is a great way to do it
This guide will show you how to change the background color on your Instagram story with just a few taps on your phone.
How To Change Background Color On Instagram Story
The app automatically gives your post a background color when you publish it on Instagram Stories; however, you can change this if you wish.
There are a few options for changing your Instagram story background, which we will run through below.
Changing Your Background to a Solid Color
- Upload a picture or a saved Instagram video from your gallery or feed to the Stories feature.
- Pinch the screen using your fingers to make it smaller.
- Click the three horizontal dots on the right corner, select draw, and tap the pen option.
- Select your desired color from the choices or the color dropper tool.
- Tap and hold the pen tool. Following that, tap and hold the middle of your background.
- Use the eraser icon and increase the size with the scale on the left. Then take it over to the center to reveal the picture underneath.
Changing The Background Color for a Post You Were Tagged In
Changing the background color for a post in which you were tagged is much easier. All you need to do is follow the same process above, excluding using the eraser icon. The new background color will not reflect on the post message itself.
Changing Your Background Color in Create Mode
- Swipe left as if posting a Story.
- Click on the Aa button.
- Find the gradient color icon on the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap to see the available Instagram gradient until you find your desired color template.
- Proceed to add a GIF, timer, or text.
Changing Your Background Color From Your Camera Roll
- Select an Instagram Story background of your choice.
- Download the image to your phone.
- Upload the image to Instagram Stories.
- Add the photo you want to post (if any).
- Include stickers, text, GIFs, etc.
A cohesive brand aesthetic helps to build a strong brand image in the minds of your audience, and you can achieve this by creating an Instagram filter for your images and choosing a fixed background color that goes with your branding.
- Choose a color that’s already associated with your brand.
- Use a creation tool or app.
- Ensure your background color or image blends with your post.