It is the last month of fall. And for most of us in the northern hemisphere, there is no shade – no shine, no bees – no birds, no flowers – no fruits…
November might sound blue, but it is far from that color.
The last of the golden leaves are falling, but new adventures await!
This 30-day countdown till winter makes every day count by celebrating not only festive and fun holidays but also important ones! And it is time to get to it.
As per usual, we do our homework, so you don’t have to. If you find yourself reading this article, that means you would like to know all about the most important social media holidays being celebrated this month. But first, let us remind you that November is not just about its special days.
It is a month of awareness and powerful themes.
November’s Powerful Month of Awareness and Observances
For all beard lovers, November might remind them not to shave. (to support Movember, Men’s Health Awareness month). To others, it is Scorpio season! And some of you might have even started thinking about the turkey this Thanksgiving!
But you must know that November is a month of many themes.
The Most Important November Themes
- Novel Writing Month
- Epilepsy Awareness Month
- Men’s Health Awareness Month – “No-Shave November”
- Adopt A Senior Pet Month
- Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- Vegan Month
Among everything else, November is the second last month of the year.
With the big holidays coming and the end of the year approaching, many marketers not only try to keep up with everything that is happening in the market, but also they start to prepare all marketing plans & strategies for the following year. Let’s admit it’s a busy time!
That is why you need to start preparing your Social Media content ahead of time!
Top Tips to Create Content Around the Holidays
- Stay relevant to your niche. Not every date might be suitable for your Brand/business.
- Do detailed research so you can share crucial information while also doing proper promotion.
- Use time wisely and take advantage of our Calendar view to distribute content throughout the month.
Use Publer To Effectively Manage All Your Socials This Month
- You can find all relevant holiday hashtags on each day of November, thanks to the Calendar view on your Publer account. Click on each day to select your favorite hashtags & prepare new posts.
- You can design unique photo and/or video illustrations using VistaCreate (Crello) and Canva within the composer. No need for extra tabs.
- You can search for high-quality, free photos on Unsplash right within the editor, and organize them using the Instagram Feed Previewer. It’s an aesthetic feed that counts, right?
- You can create long Twitter threads (up to 15 tweets) by adding relevant information/facts/stats about a specific holiday.
PS: Don’t forget to tag locations based on where the holidays originated, so you can reach a wider audience.
The Most Important November Holidays
And how to celebrate them.
November 1 – World Vegan Day
Celebrate compassion and conscious living on World Vegan Day. Share the benefits of a vegan lifestyle, from its positive impact on animal welfare to environmental sustainability.
- Prepare a carousel post with the top benefits of being vegan.
- Organize an online event where you invite vegan professionals to explain their best recipes.
- Share important facts and stats about vegans worldwide using Stories and Reels.
International Stress Awareness Day – November 1st
On International Stress Awareness Day, let’s focus on well-being and mental health. Share stress management tips, relaxation techniques, and mindfulness practices to help your audience combat the pressures of daily life. Encourage open discussions about stress, its effects, and the importance of seeking support when needed. Collaborate with mental health experts, therapists, or organizations to provide valuable insights and resources for your followers.
Fun Fact: International Stress Awareness Day aims to increase awareness about stress and its impact on our physical and mental health, encouraging individuals to take proactive steps to manage stress effectively.
World Kindness Day – November 13th
Spread kindness on World Kindness Day. Encourage your audience to perform acts of kindness and share their experiences. Share stories of inspiring acts of kindness, whether community-based or global. Collaborate with nonprofit organizations or charities to highlight their work and encourage your followers to get involved.
Fun Fact: World Kindness Day is a day to promote the importance of being kind to one another and fostering a more compassionate world.
International Men’s Day – November 19th
Use the 6 Pillars of International Men’s Day to
- Promote positive male role models; not just movie stars and sportsmen but everyday, working-class men who are living decent, honest lives.
- Celebrate men’s positive contributions to society, community, family, marriage, child care, and to the environment.
- Focus on men’s health and well-being; social, emotional, physical, and spiritual.
- Highlight discrimination against men; in areas of social services, social attitudes and expectations, and law
- Improve gender relations and promote gender equality
- Create a safer, better world; where people can be safe and grow to reach their full potential…
Thanksgiving Day – November 23rd
Celebrate the spirit of gratitude on Thanksgiving Day. Encourage your followers to share what they’re thankful for and their heartwarming Thanksgiving traditions. Share recipes and cooking tips, or create a virtual Thanksgiving dinner where your audience can participate. Collaborate with local charities for Thanksgiving drives and volunteer opportunities to make a positive impact.
Fun Fact: Thanksgiving Day commemorates the harvest feast shared by the Pilgrims and Native Americans in 1621. It’s a time to express gratitude for the year’s blessings.
Small Business Saturday – November 25th
Support local businesses on Small Business Saturday. Encourage your followers to shop at small, independent retailers and share their favorite small businesses. Collaborate with local shops for special offers, giveaways, or events to promote small business growth and community support. And if you have a new business idea, start today! Don’t forget to use the hashtag for a fast beginning of an era.
Fun Fact: Small Business Saturday was created to encourage holiday shoppers to support small businesses in their communities.
FREE Plan Available! Create and Organize Your Fall Calendar!
👇 Download the Social Media Holiday Calendar for November 2023 👇
In case you missed: