Welcome to Facebook Posting and Scheduling 101. In this quick article, we’re going to explore just straightforward creating and scheduling Facebook posts is. Things get even better when you’re using Publer to boost your efficiency, streamline your strategy, and save yourself hours of time.
How to Create a Facebook Post
First things first, let’s explore creating a Facebook post. You’ve already planned your content, you know what you want to say, and you’ve got the media to run alongside it. Now all that’s left is to post it.
For the purposes of this tutorial, we’re going to assume that you’ve got a Facebook page set up and you’re going to want to post on that page. Remember that once you post on the page’s feed anyone who can see your page can like, share, and comment on it.
- Navigate to your page – you can use the search bar or the links from the left of your desktop menu.
- You’ll see the feed and some administrative options, near the top you’ll see the “What’s on your mind?” box.
- Click into the box and begin creating your post.
- Add all the text you want (you can format on a desktop including H1, H2, and more), plus any photos, videos, or reels you’d like to use.
- Click post and the post is live!
How to Schedule a Facebook Post on Facebook
There are going to be times when you don’t want to post immediately, and would rather your post go out at the best time to post on Facebook for your business. Rather than sitting and waiting for that time to arrive, you can use the scheduling feature instead.
- Navigate to the profile associated with the page you’d like to work with.
- Click on the profile picture in the top right and then click Meta Business Suite.
- On the left you’ll see lots of options, open the Planner.
- You can now either click on the day you’d like the schedule or draft a post. For this example, click on the day.
- Create your post as you would using the tutorial above.
- Select Schedule in the Scheduling options box.
- Pick your time and date.
- Schedule the post.
How to Auto Schedule Multiple Facebook Posts with Publer
Those are relatively lengthy processes and completing the process multiple times can become a big timesink. Thankfully, you can save a great deal of time by using the auto-schedule feature of Publer.
- Before you get started, make sure you already have a posting schedule attributed to your account.
- From the dashboard, click Create.
- Pick the right account from the list on the left.
- Create your post in the same way you would on Facebook.
- Use the dropdown arrow next to Schedule and select AutoSchedule
- Pick the label and click Schedule.
- If you want this post to be at the top of the queue select that option, or select a range of dates.
Creating and scheduling Facebook posts is a skill that you’ll quickly get to grips with, before you know it, it’ll become muscle memory and you’ll be a content-creating machine.
- If you’re not ready to post or schedule you can always save it as a draft to come back to later.
- Using the AutoSchedule feature in Publer is a serious game changer.
Interested in taking your social media strategy to the next level? You can get started with Publer’s feature-filled free account immediately, just sign up today.