With over 800 million members, it’s no surprise that LinkedIn has become an invaluable tool for professionals. But did you know that leveraging LinkedIn Events can help you get even more out of the platform?
LinkedIn Events are quickly becoming a popular way to network with people in your industry, find new job opportunities, or even recruit talent to join your team. The majority of users use events on LinkedIn as their primary source for professional development and networking opportunities.
So how can you make the most out of LinkedIn Events? Here are six best tactics to help get you started.
What Is a LinkedIn Event?
LinkedIn Events are a digital platform for professionals to connect, network, and learn from each other. They range from webinars to career fairs and more. Anyone can create an event but must meet LinkedIn’s guidelines to be approved. Event hosts can also control who is allowed to join their events by filtering based on their expertise, location, or even job titles.
You can engage, network, and meet with people worldwide, create conversations that lead to connections, and even search for jobs.
How to Easily Create a LinkedIn Event
Here is how to create a LinkedIn Event:
- Log in to your LinkedIn company page, and from the admin view, click on the “Events” tab from the Admin tools drop-down menu.
- Click “Create Event”.
- Fill out all required information, including a title for your event, date and time (including timezone), location, description of the event, etc.
- Set the visibility level for your event. This can be either set to “Public” or “Private”.
- Upload any supporting images, videos, or documents you may want to associate with your event.
- Click “Create Event” when all information is filled out.
6 Top Strategies to Hosting a Successful LinkedIn Event
Add Attention-Grabbing Visuals
When you host a LinkedIn event, visuals are key. Not only do they help draw in potential attendees, but they also create an exciting atmosphere that keeps your network engaged during the event. Here are some tips for creating attractive visuals for your next LinkedIn event:
- Get creative with graphics and photos. Consider using high-quality images that capture the theme and energy of your event.
- Incorporate charts, graphs, or other visual aids that illustrate key points or topics you’ll discuss during the event.
- Consider using videos to supplement your visuals. Videos can be a great way to break up content and spice up the event. You might also consider featuring guest speakers or showcasing key points in an entertaining way by creating a video presentation.
- Make sure to include social media elements like social sharing buttons and hashtags throughout your visuals. This will help your event gain more traction and encourage engagement from your network.
Make Your LinkedIn Event Description Stand Out
The key to creating an effective LinkedIn event description is to ensure that it is concise and informative. You want potential attendees to be able to quickly and easily understand what your event is about. To do that, make sure to include the following details:
- Event date and time
- Event location
- Event description
- Speaker bios
- Registration details
Include Industry Keywords
An effective way to get more people interested in your LinkedIn event is by including industry-specific keywords. It is essential to choose your keywords wisely and strategically so that it accurately reflects the type of event you are hosting. This will help you target your audience better and ensure they find your event easily.
When choosing keywords, consider what words best describe the event, such as topics, locations, and target audience. Additionally, include any relevant trends or buzzwords in your industry, as these will help catch the eye of potential attendees.
Run a LinkedIn Event Ad Campaign
LinkedIn event ad campaigns are one of the most powerful ways to boost your reach on LinkedIn and to increase LinkedIn lead generation. By using this platform, you can reach a wide, targeted audience and drive them to your event page, where they can register.
When creating an ad campaign for your LinkedIn event, you should consider several key elements, including knowing your audience and setting goals and a budget. Events show up on devices in an optimized way, so ensure all your visuals, descriptions and calls to action are tailored for the device being used.
Promote Your Event in LinkedIn Groups
It’s important to join relevant LinkedIn Groups to promote your event. These groups offer a great opportunity to engage with potential attendees and partners. You can post updates about the event, share content related to the topics you’ll be discussing, reply to questions from group members, and even share special offers for those interested in attending.
Joining relevant LinkedIn Groups can also help you find potential speakers and partners that could help make your event a success. If you are wondering how to get followers on LinkedIn, joining groups will also help you with that.
Promote Your LinkedIn Event Across Social Media
Social media is a great way to spread the word about any event, especially LinkedIn events. It’s important to promote your event strategically and consistently across all of your channels. Here are some tips to keep in mind when promoting your LinkedIn event on social media:
- Post about it frequently: Ensure you’re regularly promoting your event to keep it top-of-mind with potential attendees.
- Utilize visuals: Images, videos, and infographics are great ways to grab your audience’s attention and make them more likely to engage with the post.
- Incorporate hashtags: Use relevant hashtags in your posts to increase visibility with your target audience.
- Share content from the event: Post updates and highlights from your event to give people a sneak peek of what they can expect if they attend.
- Tag other accounts: If you’ve partnered with other companies or influencers for your LinkedIn event, tag them in your posts.
While promoting your LinkedIn event, you can also run LinkedIn outreach campaigns to target specific people by demographics, job titles, and experience.
LinkedIn events are great for professionals to network, connect, and find potential suitors for various opportunities. Hosting a successful LinkedIn event requires careful planning and thoughtful execution. By following these steps, you can drive more engagement with potential attendees and create an unforgettable experience that will leave them wanting more:
- Include essential information about the event in your description
- Leverage industry-specific keywords when creating content related to the event
- Run a targeted ad campaign through LinkedIn to reach wider audiences
- Promote your events in relevant Groups across LinkedIn
- Utilize visuals and hashtags while promoting on social media platforms
The hardest part of hosting a LinkedIn event is to reach a wider audience. Publer’s social media and analytics tool make running and analyzing ad campaigns easier to manage so you can focus more on the event. Sign up for free to learn more.